At Uplift, we’re on a mission to perfect our working lives all while learning, building, and enjoying our free time.
Our two founders, brothers Paul & Marius, have a combined 20 years experience working in tech. Grow up, get a job, work 9-5 day in & day out. You know the outline, right? This works for some people and that’s great. But not us. We craved building something of our own. We were drawn to the challenge of creating something other people wanted. Maybe even something they needed. Something like connection.
So we started a dating site. We quickly built a company of over 15 employees and interns. We moved into a mobile home, found investors, networked like crazy, and led the classic startup life, all while eating Costco ramen and fried egg & rice breakfasts.
After a year of hard work and long days, we decided to learn more about building products from those who already do it successfully. We worked with Silicon Valley companies, MIT, and startups. We helped interview people, build teams, & launch successful products.
These experiences became crucial and helped us gather skills to be self-sufficient consultants. In 2013, our passion for the outdoors really started growing. We wanted to break out of the office job, yet we really enjoyed our work. Paul started consulting on his own, and made it work for a few years. After moving to Colorado, he had another chat with Marius, and they both took a step back and decided to build a consulting agency together.
But Uplift isn’t your typical consulting agency. We’re a fast paced incubator.
What does this mean?
Our team is stellar. We are a group of incredibly smart, passionate, well rounded individuals.
We’re smart because we know what it takes to build successful products. We’re confident in our ability to navigate the underlying complexity of engineering work needed to deliver a practical, useful piece of technology to a client.
We’re passionate about doing great work, first and foremost. We’re constantly learning and always following through. This allows us to be confident in our commitments as an agency.
We know the importance of estimating and meeting deadlines. We communicate clearly. We understand business.
So, how do we work?
Our work is extremely high quality and always on time. We’re so efficient at client work, our bottom line creates a budget for sizeable experiments. We’ve perfected the craft of building products so precisely that we can iterate on ideas until we find one that sticks. Then we scale, sell, or spin off those highly successful products.
Why You’ll Love Working at Uplift
- We find the work for you!
- We offer you a team and shared resources to help you take on bigger client projects if you’re turning down opportunities.
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance, like everyone else at the company.
- Embark on your own self-driven career path with opportunities for positions like tech lead.
- Work on many different projects while creating space for continuous learning.
- Indulge in the freedom to design your own work schedule, whether that includes a four day work week, evening hours, or whatever suits you and your lifestyle.
- You get access to Paul & Marius, two of the brightest minds in engineering & consulting.
- Uplift has no investors, other than our team, and thus no one who can dictate the future of our company or our products. We have ultimate freedom in the projects that we choose.
Join us in contributing to a better world. We donate a percentage of our profits each year to a charity or nonprofit of our choice. Choose with us!
As a member of our team we value your opinion. We also respect the skills you bring to our company.
We are constantly on the lookout for people who can join us. If you've got what it takes, we’ll find a way to include you. Apply now.
At least one of:
- mid-level/senior on FE (React or React Native)
- mid-level/senior on Django (python) or Ruby on Rails OR really good with devops (database, docker, infrastructure)
- Self-sufficient (can get stuff done with Trello tasks, can make decisions)
- Good communicator. Makes deadlines and estimates, raises concerns.
- Passionate, self-driven learner waiting for the opportunity to build something new and cool.
In your application email, please include:
- Where are you based? E.g. Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- What can you build on your own from scratch? (Using available libraries of course) [multiple choice]
- An infrastructure that scales/meets latency demands and has an uptime of 99.99%+
- A React Native (or native, or hybrid) mobile app
- A backend web API/server (python preferred)
- A GraphQL schema with understanding of how it maps to SQL tables
- A responsive web application with basic design and testable React components
- A beautiful, responsive design in Sketch (or the like) with conversion to HTML and SCSS
- What’s your availability for a 30-minute call in the next 2 weeks? Please include at least 3 options.
- Resume/LinkedIn (URL):
- GitHub or other tech/code profile:
- Professional website:
- Portfolio: especially important for frontend or design
- Contact information
- Email address (required)
- Phone number (optional)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with attached code samples, screenshots, or other work of yours that you’re proud of. Where ownership is shared, please mention specifically which part of the work is yours.
You can also just contact us from our site.